The Limited Warranty obligations of SensorEdge, Inc. (“SensorEdge”) for this product are limited to the terms set forth below:
This Limited Warranty (Warranty) covers defects in materials and workmanship in a registered product. The product is identified by its serial number and must have been registered with proof of purchase at http://sensoredge.com/register in order to be serviced under this Warranty. Only the product registered by the original purchaser is covered under this Warranty. Original purchaser is defined as the person or company who purchased the product directly from SensorEdge or an authorized reseller. SensorEdge strongly recommends you save all the original packaging to save time, money, and product safety for future shipments.
This Warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration, or malfunction resulting from any alteration, modification, improper or unreasonable use, improper or unreasonable maintenance, misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, exposure to excess moisture, fire, improper packing, improper shipping (such claims must be presented to the carrier), lightning, power surges, or other acts of nature. This Warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration, or malfunction resulting from the installation or removal from any installation, any unauthorized tampering with this product, or improper or unauthorized use of third-party software with this product. This Warranty does not cover any repairs attempted by anyone not authorized by SensorEdge to make such repairs or any other cause which does not relate directly to a defect in materials and/or workmanship of this product.
This Warranty does not cover packaging, equipment enclosures, cables, or accessories used in conjunction with this product. SensorEdge does not warrant that the product, including the technology and/or integrated circuit(s) included in the product, will not become obsolete or will remain compatible with any other product or technology with which the product may be used.
Length of Coverage
The Warranty for SensorEdge products ends one (1) year from the first registration date or twelve (12) months from the original shipment date from SensorEdge to the distributor or customer, whichever comes first. Customer is defined as the person or company who purchased the product directly from SensorEdge or an authorized distributor. Customers may purchase an Extended Service Agreement before the Warranty expires to extend coverage for the product.
Transfer of Ownership
To transfer this Warranty, the current owner and the subsequent owner must notify SensorEdge, via written notice, and must include in that notice:
- Contact information for the current owner and subsequent owner.
- The serial number of the product.
- Acknowledgement of the sale or transfer of ownership of the product.
Failure to provide any of the above information will result in a denial of transfer.
The transfer of ownership is not completed until SensorEdge sends a confirmation through a written notice to the current owner and subsequent owner.
SensorEdge will, at its sole discretion, provide one of the following two remedies to whatever extent it shall deem necessary to satisfy a proper claim under this Warranty:
- Elect to repair or facilitate the repair of any defective parts, free of any charge, for the necessary parts and labor to complete the repair and restore this product to its proper operating condition.
- Replace this product with an identical or similar product deemed by SensorEdge to substantially perform the same functions as the original product.
Repairs may take up to 4 weeks from time of arrival at the SensorEdge facility in Parsippany, New Jersey.
SensorEdge strongly recommends you save all the original packaging to save time, money, and product safety for future shipments.
For products received within the first twelve (12) months of the Warranty, the customer is responsible for all shipping- related costs to the SensorEdge facility. SensorEdge will be responsible for all shipping-related costs for the return of that product to the client.
For products received after the first twelve (12) months of the Warranty, the customer is responsible for all shipping-related costs to and from the SensorEdge facility.
All products must be shipped with proper insurance and declared values.
If this product is returned to SensorEdge, the authorized dealer it was purchased from, or any other party authorized to repair SensorEdge products, all shipping costs must be prepaid, and the product must be insured during shipping. If this product is returned uninsured, you assume all risks of loss or damage during the shipment. SensorEdge will not be responsible for any costs related to the removal or re-installation of this product. SensorEdge will not be responsible for any costs related to any product set-up, adjustment of user controls, or programming required for a specific installation.
To obtain a remedy under this Warranty, you must
- Contact SensorEdge or the authorized reseller from whom you purchased this product with a description of the problem as well as any pictures if necessary. Pictures must be in good lighting and on flat surfaces. Visit com/support to register your request for service.
- Record a session using the Diagnostic Utility, following all on screen instructions carefully. Failure to follow the on-screen instructions may result in a denial of service. If your plate cannot connect to the computer or software, proceed to Step 3.
- Once the information is received, SensorEdge will attempt to resolve the issue remotely. If a remote resolution is not possible or unsuccessful, SensorEdge will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) via email. This RMA number should be referenced on the shipment and written on the box. All products shipped to SensorEdge require an RMA. Packages without an RMA will be rejected and returned to Sender.
- Properly pack and ship the product, preferably in all original packaging. Packages not bearing an RMA number will be refused and returned to sender. SensorEdge strongly recommends you save all the original packaging to save time, money, and product safety for future shipments. All products must be shipped with proper insurance and declared values.
- Once received, SensorEdge will repair and return the item as stated in the section “Our Commitment.”
Limitation of Liability
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SENSOREDGE UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SENSOREDGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. SOME COUNTRIES, DISTRICTS OR STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF RELIEF, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO SPECIFIED AMOUNTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SENSOREDGE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF SENSOREDGE CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM OR EXCLUDE IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEN ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES COVERING THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY TO THIS PRODUCT AS PROVIDED UNDER APPICABLE LAW. IF ANY PRODUCT TO WHICH THIS WARRANTY APPLIES IS A “CONSUMER PRODUCT” UNDER THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT (15 U.S.C.A. §2301, ET SEQ.) OR OTHER APPICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR THE PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY AS PROVIDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from country to country or state to state. This Warranty is void if (i) the label bearing the serial number of this product has been removed or defaced, (ii) the product is not distributed by SensorEdge, or (iii) this product is not purchased from an authorized SensorEdge reseller. If you are unsure whether a reseller is an authorized SensorEdge reseller, visit our web site at http://www.SensorEdge.com or contact SensorEdge at +1 (973) 975-4163.
Thank you for choosing SensorEdge!
+1 (973) 975-4163 | firstname.lastname@example.org
140 Littleton Rd., Suite 220, Parsippany, NJ 07054